Thursday, March 3, 2011

Macey Jo's here!!

We went to the doctor this morning for my 39 week check. Macey Jo's heartrate was good around 145; I was dilated to 4 cm and Macey Jo was head down. So Dr. Todd broke my water in the office so I could go and have a baby. They kept trying to put me on the induction list for that day, but I was on the waiting list. So we decided to break my water so they would have to admit me. 

I left Dr. Todd's office an headed straight to the hospital. I finally got checked into my room, which by the way was the last room they had available, thank goodness. I was having contractions but they weren't too bad. Around 1100, they got my IV started and started my fluids and my pitocin. I have had contractions while on pit and I really didn't want to feel those again, so I requested my epidural. I got my epidural and I had pain relief in a matter of 10 minutes. It was wonderful. 
(Here is all of us before Macey Jo arrived. Payton went to school that day to keep her routine.)

She checked me around 1200 and I was 5 cm, still had no pain and was feeling good. Richard left to go eat lunch and my family started coming around and visiting. She checked me again at 100 and I was 8 cm.I couldn't believe I was already that far. Right after she checked me I instantly started feeling pressure. I kept that quiet for a little bit and then around 120 I started to feel like I needed to push. I paged my nurse and she checked me and I was ready to go. 

By the time Dr. Todd arrived I was really ready to get the show on the road. With 1 contraction and three pushes my beautiful 8 pound 9 ounces baby girl entered the world at 1:57 p.m. and she looked great. She looked and sounded just like Payton did. I couldn't quite believe the resemblance between them. I really couldn't believe she weighed as much as she did. I felt the entire pregnancy that was smaller then when I was pregnant with Payton. 

Macey Jo Davis
March 3rd, 2011
@ 1:57 P.M.
8# 9 oz.
20.5 inches

Then an hour later my first born showed up and was very overwhelmed. She just wanted to be with me, then she noticed a baby. She walked over to Tessa, who was holding Macey Jo, and just looked at her. She really didn't know what to think!!  We had a wonderful time visiting with family and friends and we are so thankful our family is happy and healthy. 

Daddy, Mommy, and big sister with Macey Jo

Ki Ki, Gi Gi, Aunt Tessa, and Pa Paw with Macey Jo

Yay !!! We are going home! My two paci babies!

Here are just a few pictures of Macey Jo's first full day at home!! We are so in love with her. We are so happy she is healthy and finally here with us!!

We love you Macey Jo!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment